Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dor

I'm finding that in Bollywood its pretty rare to see a movie that doesn't rely on a male character to tell the story.

I'm happy to report that Dor is the exception.

Dor is a beautiful movie about a friendship between two women, with a powerful message of forgiveness. I warmed to both actresses instantly, and the final scene moved me to tears.I don't want to say too much and give any of the movie away, but its definately a gem. I recommend it to anyone!


I already knew a bit about how widows can be treated in India and Pakistan. My stepmother's sister was recently widowed and lives in Pakistan. She's very young and going through a very difficult time...I've never met her but she's always in my prayers. Knowing the reality she faces and watching the scenes with Ayesia Takia, I kept thinking how heartbreaking this must be for any woman already grieving her love.


On a lighter note,does Ayesia Takia slap someone in all of her films? Because this is the second one I've seen with her in it, and she's hit someone both times. Granted, they may have deserved it(Akshaye Khanna, I'm looking at you), but watch out, Bollywood!

Text (c) 2007 Nida Nazir Bitten By Bollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment