Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Have you ever loved someone that hasn't loved you back? Remember how that felt? Now imagine how it would feel if that person showed up years later...and your long lost dream came true! Now place this situation in Bollywood...


I don't know what it is about Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. It certainly has its share of flaws. But I can't stop thinking about this film! I've seen it three times now- And each time, I anxiously await my favorite scenes, loving every minute and quite possibly loving them even more than I did the last time.


There's just so many touching parts to this film! My favorites? Of course, the gazebo scene...
Sadly, watching this scene is the only romance my life has seen in awhile!...but its so amazing...When I first saw it, I thought, oh, if only it were a bit longer, but in hindsight I'm glad its as short and sweet as it is...Now I finally get the whole Shahrukh Khan-Kajol chemistry thing!


And of course this unforgettable scene:

Kajol's expression was priceless here, though my heart bled for her!


The list goes on and on....There's the scene when Anjali wears makeup to school to look more like Tina(for many reasons, this scene is memorable, though a bit cruel at first), the scene where Rahul and Anjali play basketball in summer camp and Rahul tenderly brushes her stomach, Anjali leaving on the train and Rahul's and Tina's separate reactions, Rahul and Anjali meeting after so many years, little Anjali setting her alarm clock for midnight on her birthday, Anjali discovering little Anjali's identity,the scene at the end where Tina appears at Anjali's wedding...

Speaking of Tina, only Rani Mukerjee could make a wedge keeping Rahul and Anjali apart lovable. From the part right before the intermission and beyond, I literally became choked up every time I saw Tina's picture. Ironically enough, its because of Rani's character that they end up together. Aww!


One more thing--before I saw this film I thought I was seriously falling for Shahrukh Khan. After watching this movie I knew I was in love. This is a Shahrukh Khan classic!

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai could quite possibly be one of my favorite films of all time.

Text(c) 2007 Nida Nazir Bitten By Bollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment